Dear DottedSign users,
We are excited to announce the upcoming release of our new and improved checkbox group and radio button group features! These features will provide enhanced functionality and an improved user experience, making it easier for you to create and manage templates and tasks.
Enhanced User Experience with Checkbox Group and Radio Button Group
By the nature of the checkbox and radio button, the user is able to provide the signer options to choose from. Having these features optimized will empower the user to create signing tasks in a more efficient manner.
Action Required: Users Need to Replace Checkbox and Radio Button Features
Please note that the following users will need to replace the current single 'checkbox' and 'radio button' features with the new checkbox group and radio button group features in their templates and tasks in draft:
- Current and previous subscribers of DottedSign Pro, Business, and Enterprise using our Web app, iOS app, and Android app
- Current and previous Standard API users
In regards to the templates that are currently in use of shared templates and public forms, all subscribers must be attentive to the following impact:
Shared templates that contain single checkbox and radio buttons -
- If the shared template is set to ‘Block changes when applying the template to create tasks’ (Read-Only): By Nov. 1st 2023, the sharing will be automatically turned off, meaning users who use the shared template will not be able to use it to create new tasks. The single checkbox and radio buttons will be removed from the template, hence the template owner is recommended to assign the checkbox group and radio button group fields to the template as the replacement. Lastly, the template owner can turn on the template sharing, making it available for the users as usual.
- If the shared template is NOT set to ‘Block changes when applying the template to create tasks’ (Read-Only): By Nov. 1st 2023, the sharing will NOT be turned off, meaning the users can still use the template to create new tasks. However, since the single checkbox and radio buttons will be removed from the template, the template owner is recommended to assign the checkbox group and radio button group fields to the template as the replacement.
Published public forms that use templates containing single checkbox and radio buttons -
- By Nov. 1st 2023, the single checkbox and radio buttons will be removed from the template. The live public form associated with the template will be changed to ‘Terminated’ automatically.
There are two ways to continue:
- Start a new public form with the updated template: The template owner goes back to the template and modifies the template by assigning the checkbox group and radio button group fields to the template. Then create a new public form and publish it.
- Contact your sales representative or our customer support team （email@example.com）with your account information. We can help make temporary changes to the public form status to ‘Unpublish’; in the meantime, the template owners can edit the template and publish the public form again when ready. Kindly note there will be no impact to the .csv download.
We recommend that you make these changes as soon as possible to avoid any disruptions or delays.
Timeline for Implementation: Changes Start on November 1st, 2023 at UTC 11:00 AM
Starting from November 1st, 2023 at UTC 11:00 AM, we will be replacing the current single 'checkbox' and 'radio button' features with the new checkbox group and radio button group features. We encourage you to make the necessary changes before this date to ensure that your tasks continue to function as intended.
Once the single checkbox and radio button features are removed, the namings of ‘checkbox group’ and ‘radio button group’ will be ‘checkbox’ and ‘radio button’ on the interface. This will not affect the way you use these features.
We Look Forward to Bringing You Better Features
We are confident that these new features will improve your experience on DottedSign, and we look forward to seeing the benefits they bring to your work. As always, our support team (firstname.lastname@example.org)is here to assist you if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your continued support and trust in DottedSign!
The DottedSign team