The checkbox is an action box for the signer to select or unselect options based on the request. The sender can assign the checkboxes as required or optional, depending on the signing scenarios. This feature provides multiple selections and is often used for documents such as clickwrap agreements, acknowledgments, and administrative documents.
You are able to create a group of multiple checkboxes at the same time, make it quick and easy to design fields and request information from the signer efficiently.
*Note: If you want to create fields that only allow single selections, please refer to the radio button.
Kindly note that Checkbox and Radio Button are premium features for Pro, Business and Enterprise plan. Subscribe with a 14-day FREE trial and give it a try!
- Click “Checkbox” to create a checkbox field, and click on the document to place it in your desired position.
- After you place the checkbox, you can move or adjust its size as you wish. Set the checkbox size by pulling the lower-right corner of the outer border.
- Click the [+] icon in the lower-left corner of the outer border to add more checkboxes in a group. You can click and drag single checkboxes to your desired positions.
Delete a Checkbox Group
To delete a checkbox group, click the [x] icon in the upper left corner of the outer border.
*Tips: To quickly change the quantity of checkboxes within a group, click the [⋯] icon on the outer border and set your preferred quantity in “Field Properties.” For more details, please refer to the following instructions on advanced settings.
Advanced Checkbox Settings
- Click the [⋯] icon in the upper-left corner of the outer border.
- Assign the signer to the checkbox group.
- You can also set the checkbox group as a mandatory or read-only field. A read-only field cannot be edited by the signer.
- You can change the quantity of checkboxes in a range of 1 to 50. Click “Confirm” and place the checkboxes in your desired position.
Pre-fill the Checkboxes and Preview
- Click the pencil icon in the upper-left corner of the outer border to get into the pre-fill mode.
- Click the checkbox to pre-fill it. Click the checkbox again to unselect it.
- Once you’ve finished prefilling, click the pencil icon or somewhere else on your document to exit prefill mode.
* Note: You can also directly prefill the checkboxes via the preview mode. To learn about the preview mode, please refer to this tutorial: How to Use ‘Preview’ to Check Your Signature Fields Before Sending It Out?
For Signer - How to Fill Checkboxes
Click on the checkbox fields on a document to finish selections. Please note that the signer can not edit the read-only fields.
*Notice: Starting from November 1st, 2023, we have replaced the single checkbox and radio button features with the new checkbox and radio button features that allow grouping. Should your tasks in draft and templates, including those used personally, shared within a team or used in public forms, contain single checkboxes and radio buttons, please ensure you update these fields as soon as possible. Please read our announcement for more details and make the necessary changes to ensure that your tasks continue to function as intended.