The radio button is an action button that enables the signer to choose only one from a list of mutually exclusive options. The radio buttons will always appear in at least two to allow the signer to select one from. The sender can assign the radio button group as required or optional, depending on the signing scenarios. This feature is often used for a yes/no question or single preference question in a document.
You are able to create a group of several radio buttons at the same time, make it quick and easy to design fields and request information from the signer efficiently.
*Note: If you want to create fields that allow multiple selections, please refer to the checkbox feature.
Kindly note that Checkbox and Radio Button are premium features for Pro, Business and Enterprise plans. Subscribe with a 14-day FREE trial to our DottedSign Business and give it a try!
Add Radio Buttons
- Click “Radio Button” to create a radio button group, and click on the document to place it in your desired position.
- After you place the radio button group, you can move or adjust its size as you wish. Set the radio button size by pulling the lower-right corner of the outer border.
- Click the [+] icon in the lower-left corner of the outer border to add more radio buttons in a group.
- You can click and drag single radio buttons to your desired positions.
Delete a Radio Button Group
To delete a radio button group, click the [x] icon in the upper-left corner of the outer border.
*Tips: To quickly change the quantity of radio buttons within a group, click the [⋯] icon on the outer border and set your preferred quantity in “Field Properties.” For more details, please refer to the following instructions on advanced settings.
Advanced Radio Button Settings
- Click the [⋯] icon in the upper-left corner of the outer border.
- Assign the signer to the radio button group.
- You can also set the radio button group as a mandatory or read-only field. A field that is read-only cannot be edited by the signer.
- You can change the quantity of radio buttons in a range of 2 to 50. Click “Confirm” and place the radio buttons in your desired position.
Pre-fill the Radio Button and Preview
- Click the pencil icon in the upper-left corner of the outer border to get into the pre-fill mode.
- Click the radio button to pre-fill it. Click the radio button again to unselect it.
- Once you’ve finished prefilling, click the pencil icon or somewhere else on your document to exit the prefill mode.
*Note: You can also directly prefill the checkboxes via the preview mode. To learn about the preview mode, please refer to this tutorial: How to Use ‘Preview’ to Check Your Signature Fields Before Sending It Out?
For Signer - How to Fill a Radio Button
Click on one radio button within a group on the document to finish your selections. Please note that the signer can not edit the read-only fields.
*Notice: Starting from November 1st, 2023, we have replaced the single checkbox and radio button features with the new checkbox and radio button features that allow grouping. Should your tasks in draft and templates, including those used personally, shared within a team or used in public forms, contain single checkboxes and radio buttons, please ensure you update these fields as soon as possible. Please read our announcement for more details and make the necessary changes to ensure that your tasks continue to function as intended.