If you need to regularly update a document template, you no longer have to create a new template each time and edit assigned fields. We offer a convenient feature that allows you to easily replace files in existing templates, preserving related settings and saving time on field reassignment edits.
Kindly note that replacing documents in the template is a premium feature, available for DottedSign Pro, Business and above. Subscribe with a 14-day FREE trial and give it a try!
Replace Documents in the Template:
- Go to "Settings" and select "Template".
- Click the [⋯] (more) icon and choose "Edit". Please note that only the template owner is allowed to replace the documents.
- Choose "Upload Documents".
- Click "Replace", and select the desired file, and then click "Confirm".
- Ensure all fields are correctly positioned. Please note that altering the file size, pages, or format may affect form fields when replacing the document. Adjustments like reordering, adding, or deleting pages are not supported.
- Click on the thumbnail on the sidebar to preview the template.
- You can update or keep the template name.
- Save the updates.
- When replacing a document in a template, please be mindful that the template is not currently used in a public form. Publishing changes will promptly terminate ongoing tasks related to the public form. Learn more: How to Collect Signatures using Public Form
- You cannot replace the document if the template is currently used in any ongoing bulk send request. Learn more: How to Send a Task to Multiple Signers Using Bulk Send
- Please avoid replacing or editing the template while other users are using the same template to create new signature requests. This will prevent any unintended issues.
- This feature is currently available for DottedSign Web only.