One Time Password, or OTP, verification is a system to provide users with a higher standard of security assurance than regular email verification. After the sender turns on the OTP setting, a secure password will be automatically sent to signers’ emails by the DottedSign server. It is an option for senders to choose if they want to double check the signers’ identity.
Senders can easily assign the document to signers with OTP either in the app or from the web browser.
- Enter “Home” in your app or go to “Tasks” in the DottedSign web.
- Choose “Create & Invite” to start requesting others’ signatures.
- Import a document.
- Assign signers > click “Next.”
- Assign fields to each signer > click “Save” > choose “Save & Email.”
- Turn on “Require OTP Verification.”
- Click “Send” to invite signers to sign.