One Time Password, or OTP, verification is a system we have to provide users with a higher standard of security assurance than regular email verification. Signers are required to verify their identities by entering the verification code in order to continue signing a document. Signers will receive emails with secure passwords sent by the DottedSign server.
Signers can easily sign the document with OTP either in the app or from the web browser.
The following steps will show you how to receive a OTP from email and use it to access a document.
- Go to "Tasks" in the DottedSign web or enter "Home" in your app.
- Open an awaiting document in "Waiting for Me."
- Fill in the requested field(s).
- Click "Finish."
- Choose "Confirm" to finish signing.
- A pop-up window will appear to request an OTP to verify your identity.
- Go to your email inbox to receive the OTP.
- Get the OTP.
- Enter the code to finish signing.