Do you find it difficult to sign with your mouse on your desktop or laptop? DottedSign’s Mobile Panel provides a smarter way to sign.
Each signing task sent from DottedSign is equipped with a unique QR code. This allows the signer to scan with one’s smart device camera while having the task open on your laptop. By turning your smartphone or tablet into a signing pad, you can easily draw your signature in a polished way. Signatures created via the Mobile Panel will be saved in your DottedSign account. Read on and learn how.
How to Create Signatures or Initials via Mobile Panel
You can use the Mobile Panel to create your signatures and initials.They will be saved in the signature library under your DottedSign account. You can directly use the signature or initials again the next time, making the signing experience more productive.
- Log into DottedSign.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Click “Signature”, click “Create Signature” or “Create Initials”.
- Click on the “Mobile Panel”.
- A QR code will appear on the page.
When the QR code shows up, you can simply scan the code with your device camera and start drawing your signature.
- Use your mobile device camera to scan the QR code.
- When the panel appears, draw your signature on the mobile device.
- After you finish drawing the signature, click “Save”.
You will find your signature saved under “My Signature".
How to Sign Documents via Mobile Panel?
When you receive a document to sign from your desktop or laptop, you might not have a signing pad that is always by your side. The Mobile Panel allows you to sign in a polished way without struggling with your mouse.
- Click the signature request link from the email. (If you are logged in DottedSign, go to the dashboard and open the document.)
- Click the signature field.
- Select “Create Signature”, and click “Mobile Panel”.
- Scan the QR code with your mobile device camera.
After drawing your signature on the mobile device, proceed as follows:
- Select the signature you just created, click “Apply”.
- Click “Finish”.
- Click “Confirm” and the document is completed.
*Note: If you are a DottedSign user, the signatures created via the Mobile Panel will be automatically saved under your account. You can use it right away when you are requested to sign.
How to Sign Documents via Mobile Panel when using Front Desk Signing?
As the Sender, in the scenario where you request your signers to sign using the Front Desk signing mode (for example, as a bank clerk or a hotel receptionist), the Mobile Panel brings great convenience to the signing process. Please follow the instructions below. (Tutorial: What is Front Desk Signing)
- Log into DottedSign.
- Click “+”, and select “Front Desk Signing”.
- Click “Import Template”.
- Select your template, click “Continue”. (Tutorial: Creating Reusable Templates)
- Enter the signers’ corresponding email addresses in the “Manage Signer” section.
- Click “Continue”, then click “Confirm”.
- By consenting to sign the document, check the box and click “Continue”.
- Enter the signer name and the corresponding email address (optional).
- Click “Confirm”.
- Click the signing field.
- Select “Mobile Panel”.
- Scan the QR code with a mobile device.
After drawing signature on the mobile device, proceed as follows:
- The signature will appear in the signature field, and click “Finish”.
- Click “Confirm”.*Note: In the Front Desk signing mode, signatures will not be saved in the signature library.
Frequently Asked : What Can I Do if Mobile Panel Operation is Time-out?
If you see a time-out message on the Mobile Panel page, the reasons could be that you did not scan the QR code within 60 seconds, or there was no signature drawn in your device. Do not worry, you can always pick up the process by requesting to regenerate another code. Here are the steps:
- Click “Regenerate” in the Timeout dialogue box.
- A new QR code will be generated, and you can scan it with your mobile device again and continue your signing process using the Mobile Panel.