In the case of completing forms or applications, sometimes it’s necessary to attach supporting documents in the same document; for instance, a driving license, copy of an ID, etc. Use DottedSign to request both the signature and required attachments in one document.
Follow the instructions below to assign the attachments.
1. Click “+” to create new tasks, and choose “Get Signatures”.
2. Import documents to sign from your local file location or cloud-based services. You can also choose from “Camera”, "Photo," or "Browse” to import documents if using DottedSign on your mobile devices to sign. You can also import or create a template (visit this article to learn how to create reusable templates).
3. Fill in the name and email address of one or more signers. Then, click Continue.
4. Click “Add” under the Attachment section.
5. Add a description to the attachment, and you can decide whether to set it as a mandatory option. You can also allow the attachment to be viewed / not viewed during signing. Then, click “Confirm”. If you want to get the access of setting the attachment to be mandatory or not, please upgrade your DottedSign plan.
6. Click "Confirm" in the upper right hand corner. Then, a "Review and Send" menu will pop up. You can then review your signer's permissions and manage attachment viewing permissions.
7. If you, the task owner, grant signers permission to view and/or receive the attachment after the task is completed, they will be able to view and download the attachment in the "Completed" tasks tab on DottedSign or through their email.